My little blog about my love of color, fabric and life.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Husqvarna Viking Serger Entry - Sew Mama Sew

Sew Mama Sew is hosting a fabulous, fabulous giveway, they are giving away a Husqvarna Viking s21 Serger (retail value $1199)!!!


This is my official entry...


Question: How would your life be better with a serger?

Answer:

My life would be better with a serger for so many different reasons!
First of all, I don't own a serger. I do have a nice sewing machine, but can't afford a serger. Owning a serger would most importantly save me a lot of TIME.
I sew clothing for my daughter and sell items on Etsy. I have only sewn one item for myself but would love to sew more. I am a perfectionist, I must admit. Because of this, all of my seams are double stitched on all of the items I sell. The additional time it takes to always sew double seams, slows down my production! Which in turn slows down any possible sales. A SERGER would make my life better by allowing me to sew in less time and with a more professional finish!
I am a mother of three children, and just found out I have one on the way, which will be our last. My husband is a hard working professional with a Doctorate but we are still barely making ends meet... I have a Bachelor's Degree in Art. I have been working hard at trying to build my Etsy Shop. I love to create, it is in my blood. I would like to be able to fulfill my need to create and help bring in extra income through my sewing. A SERGER would allow me to produce items I have not been able to produce with my sewing machine. It would speed up my production and improve my quality! My daughter's dresses would no longer have messy, loose seams. I would LOVE to have a serger that would create a FINISHED SEAM quickly and easily.


A SERGER would make my life better in that my products would look more, well, professional, with a finished edge. Here are some very pathetic examples of seams from dresses I have sewn for my daughter :

...warning, seams are very very messy...


A serger would help me to avoid the messy sleeve seams.. No longer would the knotched edges be visible. A serger would actually allow the fabric edges to be contained within the seam. For a smooth, durable, polished seam!


Here is another picture of the "finished seams" I am able to create with my sewing machine, note the twisting of the fabric... With a SERGER this problem would disappear!!!


If you are not convinced of the pathetic nature of the seams in the life of this seamstress who doesn't own a SERGER, then please take a moment to view the pictures below:





And last, but not least, we all have dreams. Dreams of using the amazing patterns that sit in our closets or on our shelves. With a SERGER I would have the more time to use my patterns.



I would Love, Love, Love to win this SERGER, and would use it for good! I have been known to help friends with their sewing projects, free of charge of course. I also love giving away my handsewn creations as gifts. I would love to share the abilities and capabilities that a SERGER would offer me, not only with my daughter, and my Etsy Shop but with my friends and family. Thank you for offering this AMAZING GIVEAWAY!


Thanks for taking the time to read through this entry! :)

Yours Truly,
Lisa Bacigalupi

2 comments:

craftytammie said...

i'm with you 100%! wouldn't it be wonderful to win? i have some of that brown folksy fabric in your photos - love it!

Notchka said...

My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!